Do you have a friendly voice? We have a job for you.
Dozens of people every week request books from other area libraries. When the books arrive at the Aston Public Library, someone needs to contact the patrons and let them know.
You can be the person who unites a patron with a book.
1. Be able to commit at least 5 hours a week, and do a basic training
2. Be able to work between the hours of 2 and 5PM each day
3. Professional and friendly phone demeanor
4. Attention to detail
5. Ability to work independently
6. Be an adult or teen age 15 years old and older with parental permission
You can help people find books at the library!
The Aston Public Library is always busy and our books see a lot of
use. If a book is misplaced, it can be lost for a long time.
In addition to putting books on the shelves, a Shelving volunteer is
responsible for straightening, organizing, and maintaining a
designated section of the library.
YOU can make it possible for library patrons to find the books they
are looking for.
1. Detail/order oriented
2. Ability to work independently
3. Experience with filing
4. Be able to commit at least 5 hours a week, and do a basic training
5. Be an adult or teen age 15 years old and older with parental permission
Strike a blow against Chaos! Apply here:
Do you have some spare time and want to help the community? Consider volunteering at the Aston Public Library!
We have many places we need help, some more glamorous than others, but all important!
Click here to apply:
Or, if you prefer to print out an application, fill it out and bring it in, CLICK HERE.
Who are friends?
The Friends of the Library are a group of people from the community who support and promote the library. They do EXTRAS: things the library cannot do on its own. Be a friend any way you can: by volunteering your time, by attending our events, or serving as an advocate of the library in your daily activities.
An informational meeting will be held in the near future. If you are interested in learning how you might become involved, please reply to us below (please provide a phone number) or sign up at the library.