Help us help you! Please consider a donation to our “tree” this holiday season. These are some supplies that we could use to keep our operation going:
- Boxes of pens
- Boxes of paper clips
- Single size staplers
- Boxes of standard staples
- Quality adult scissors
- Rolls of scotch tape
- Packages of post-its
- Bottles of white-out
- Sharpie markers
- Packages of rubber bands
- Jumbo black markers
- Boxes of tissues
- Juice boxes (for storytime)
- Packages of color construction paper
- Jumbo construction paper
- Packages of glue sticks
- Elmer’s glue bottles
- Washable water color paints
- Bottles of washable tempera paint
- Reams of copy paper
- Boxes of crayons
- Boxes of sidewalk chalk
- Packages of googeley eyes
- Packages of white paper plates
- Packages of white paper bowls
- Packages of styrofoam cups
- Jumbo crayons
- Sanitizing wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Holiday stickers
Any of these items would be greatly appreciated.
Also, we are always happy to accept gifts of recent books, CDs and other materials, and we are always happy to accept monetary gifts as well.
Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Aston Library Staff
To help raise money for the library, we are raffling a Phillies cap autographed by Jimmy Rollins!
Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5!
Buy a chance at the circulation desk!
The drawing will be on December 23rd.
Due to the severe cut in state support for public libraries, we will unfortunately have to make some difficult cuts for our 2010 budget.
We expect to be working with a budget almost $27,000 lower than our 2009 budget. We have already lost $5200 in expected funds in 2009 due to the cut in state support and the lengthy state budget impasse.
The cuts so far:
- Our budget for purchasing books and materials will be cut by 53%. This will mean we will have far less new books next year, and other items like magazine and newspaper subscriptions will have to be cut as well.
- The library’s hours will be changed to:
Monday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday (a cut of 5 open hours per week)
- Staff will receive no raises or cost of living adjustment and will see some of their hours cut back.
- We may close for more holidays.
- Other cuts will occur due to the Delaware County Library System struggling with the budget cut as well. These may include the loss of Inter-Library Loan, Reciprocal Borrowing, and increases in fines and fees.
- Stay tuned for more details.
We regret having to reduce the services we provide to the public, but this major decrease in our budget gives us no choice. We encourage our patrons to contact their state legislators to let them know how they feel about the importance of public libraries and their funding.
Stephen Sarazin, Director
Aston Public Library
The Pennsylvania state legislatures are considering a budget cut that would cut library support by 50%. This would result in deep cuts to the services we can provide.
Click here to find out more.
Please contact your legislators to let them know what you think about this!